welcome to the tales of our crazy life

I'm Heather. I'm over-caffeinated, under appreciated and constantly amused by these two crazy peeps we call our daughters.

I started this blog in April 2006 because I don't want to forget a single second of this awesome life. Why a blog? Because I'm a slacker. That's why.

Baby books? I'd actually have to find a pen. Have you SEEN my house? (Shhhhhhht...NOT a question). Scrapbooking? Puh-lease. When you can add six more hours in the day MAYBE we'll talk about it. I do like to sleep. Occasionally.


Gettin' Funky and Giving It Away

Roo and Lu are gettin' funky and giving it away! My dear friend and high school classmate, the uber-talented Krista "Funky Mama" Eyler released her latest CD today and you've got to hear it!

Sing! is my favorite Funky Mama CD yet. It's a soul-filled, 14-track joyride that you and the kids will love. My personal favorites are the title track, Sing! and Farmer's Children. And you can't help but love "Bananas Foster" which was co-written with Ezra Idlet of Trout Fishing In America.

Last fall Funky Mama and I spent a rainy afternoon in a local park shooting and singing our hearts out. Don't worry...she did all the singing and I did all the shooting. I might be funky, but you definitely DO NOT want to hear me sing. The fun, colorful images from our rainy day are what you'll see on the new CD.



While Roo and Lu are busy rockin' out, I've got a copy of Sing! to give away here on the blog. Enter to win by becoming a fan of Funky Mama Music on Facebook and leaving a comment here on the blog. You must do both to be eligible. We will randomly choose a winner on Friday, February 19.

Be sure to check out the Funky Mama website where you can purchase any of her four CDs, see more photos, videos and her performance schedule, which includes the KC Jiggle Jam Memorial Day weekend.

And don't forget to spread the word! Blog it. Facebook it. Tweet it. Let's get funky, friends!

18 comments:

Karyn Hatch said...

Just became a fan! Would love to win the CD!

Madden Family said...

i love funky mama almost as much as my kiddos. can't wait to hear the new CD. Good luck to me! And i am already a fan on facebook.

~~ dixie

Travis Aberle (and girls) said...

I've never heard of Funky Mama but became a fan and took a listen on the website. It's definitely fresh and new compared to what my daughters are dancing around to now! I think they'd love it. Hook us up!

Jennifer McCombs said...

I'd LOVE to win her new CD!!

Fun Memories said...

I my goodness...love love love you!!

Carolyn Macan said...

Oh We Love Funky Mama, my older 2 kids LOVE her now we need the new CD for the 2 new babies to Love her also!

Carolyn~

Jane Hurtig said...

The Hurtigs want to get FUNKY!!!

sydneycourville said...

Love it...just checked out website, so fun! I need to get her CD for my workshops, would be a blast to paint to at the studio with all of the kids! One question though...do you do back up for her, Heather!?!?!?! :O

Sarah said...

I have become a fan. She is so much fun to listen too.

Kristen said...

Did you take the cover shot, Heather? It is gorgeous!

Heather Morrow said...

I did, Kristen! We shot on a ridiculously rainy day last fall, but it ended up being SO much fun!

Cathy Volts said...

Already a fan! Love funky mama! Have known her since grade school and our 2 year old loves all her cd's! Would love to have another!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see a Funky Mama performance!!! Who can believe we haven't seen her yet! Beautiful cd jacket!
DarmaZ

Unknown said...

Can't wait to catch one of her shows!!!
Pam

Christy Lackey said...

Have never heard funky mama but totally trust your taste Heather!!!! By the way love the ROO and LU blog...something I have wanted to do for a long time and just cant get it done :) you rock!!

Jill said...

lovin' the CD cover. You are awesome!
I am giving up FB for Lent but will break my FB fast to go become and fan. We wanna win the CD! :)

Jill said...

just thought I should add a p.s.
that I got so excited that I became a fan of the first Funky Mama I saw, which was some random store. :)
I think I am now a fan of the right Funky Mama! ;)

kecia said...

im a fan !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive